Saturday, June 15, 2013

台湾点点滴滴 PART 1 ~ 台中~清境

This is one of many of the vacation I really love.  Even though, it has been three years since this vacation, I decide to blog about it.. (Has not start blogging back then)



I got the ticket (its my birthday present) from my buddies. Could feel so much loved when I got to know about this. This is how it goes. I was suppose to get the tickets on my own during the Air Asia Zero Fare back in 2009. 

My friend asked me and told me she would help me to book the tickets. So I agreed with the condition, it shall be less than a certain amount we agreed. Otherwise, it will be a No-Go for me. 

Somehow.. the conversation goes like this..

Emily  :  Ah gal, I have two news.. One is bad and one is good.. So which one you wanna 
             hear first?
Me      : Hmmm... Bad news first... Let me guess? It  is not less than that amount? 
            I know.. lol
Emily  :  Haha.. Ya.. But I still buy you the tickets.. 
Me     : Har... I thought I told you not to buy if its more?? So how much it is? 
Emily: So here comes the good news... We are getting it for you as your birthday 
          present!! So how's that sound?
Me    : Are you sure? Sounded so happy... Hahaha..
Emily: YES!!!! 
Me    : Oh my.. You guys are so pretty!!! Love overloaded now... LOL.. 

That is how I manage to hop into Air Asia-X in May 2010 to Taiwan for 10 days ^_^ And yes, our tickets were usually bought one year ahead. This must thanks to Emily as she usually stay up kind of late just to get the booking. She also planned most of the itinerary. I super love Emily!!! ^-^

Being the only person who can read most (I must say all) of Mandarin during our trip, we depend on her to read signage and information. I was not that eager with learning more Mandarin that time; trust me, I am getting better these days. Haha 


现在很喜欢中文了!! 我也希望有一天,我会用中文来写 博客!!


After several months of talking about it, we finally made our way there!! 



Me - Back then without braces!! Really can't wait to see myself in post-braces.. LOL!!

That was my first meal upon reaching Taoyuan Airport. Need to grab something before heading to Tai Chung. 



A small room for a night before we go uphill at Tai Chung. 




Typical Taiwanese kind of meal - Coffee and sandwich for breakfast



On the way!! Excited!! Yay!!! Haha!! 




After several hours of bus ride, we reached our home stay here!! 




Back view of the house. Super nice right!! 



Side view




Cosy bed room. The temperature is at 18'c. It was summer at Taiwan but since this place is uphill, it's definitely cooler. Super miss this kind of weather. 



Selca with the cosy bed!! Haha



We need food before walking around... We always share our portion - you can taste variety of them. You should do that when travel around! :-)



That's the reason we were at Taichung. We went to Cing Jing Farm. Super nice place. 



Amazingly green!!! 



With fake sheep.. The real sheep went on MC!! Lol.. Not allowed to wonder around due to some sickness they caught back then. What a waste for us!! Hmm... 



Super love the greenery and beautiful view. It was very cooling and I can hardly walk due to the super cold wind. Shivering!! I super daring wearing dress without covering my leg... =="

Anyway, we actually did lots of crazy stuff on the grass. We ran, jumped, turned and even twisted and rolled on the super clean grass (we assume la.. LOL)



This is the first time trying fresh goat's milk. I dare not take mutton but milk still okay for me. I heard it is actually healthier than cow's milk. 



Milk Milk Love!! Haha



It was cool and we still eat Milk Ice-Cream. Who said cold weather cannot eat ice cream? LOL



This peaches were super sweet. Every time if you go to cooler place, it is a must to try those fruits as they will definitely be sweeter. Yummy max!! 



Both of us love Lavender a lot - almost anything can be lavender. We don't mind. We came across this shop that sells everything on Lavender. Definitely a place we do not want to miss that time! 



The beautifully written board at Lavender Shop



We bought one for each of us. It cost only TWD 50. Super worth it!! And its still with me until today! 



Guess what's this? You can actually send a postcard back home. We bought one postcard each and send it back to ourselves. Haha!! Can't really recall friends home address. 



Selca post with my chosen postcard (in case it didn't reached me) No la.. It never happened. I received it after I came back to Penang! LOL



Thanks to Emily. That's a very nice collage she made. 



Checking the pictures I took...






It's getting late and we need to capture this moment before we see nothing. That's the CITY Cafe we planned to go after our Lavender Shop during the night. Saw 7-Eleven! It was actually raining that night - making the weather cooler.. We went hunting for special food and drink just to try them! After all, you can't get the same thing back home. 



So many choices!!! It was raining on the second night at Cing Jing but nothing can stop us from walking unless.... Don't know what can actually stop us!! Haha



You definitely couldn't get those juices here. Taste good to me!  



It's dinner time and we were helping the host. The place was good as they actually prepare meal for us. Was not suppose to have dinner but only breakfast. The Taiwanese people were too hospitable that they invited us for dinner together. So much of love and blessing!! 



Us with the host - They are both husband and wife! They actually had a plantation at Cing Jing and they hired workers. Eventually, the workers eat with us too. Like a big family!! 



They cooked us very simple meal but it tasted good. 


I don't take mutton so I skipped this one. But Emily said very nice..


I don't know what's this vege called but I think we can get it in Malaysia.



They served us Peach Wine - they actually brew it locally and smells great. I don't like the taste though.. :p 



After dinner, we had a Karaoke session, sharing about life of Malaysia and Taiwan. It was   such a memorable moment learning and understanding about their lives and cultures! Even though we were all the same Chinese, definitely something different we could share about. Haha




When the mood began... They started dancing... Haha...


We also learned to dance!! Hahahah

The night was just so fun. We hope it never end! But we know we have to stop and continue our next journey exploring other place of Taiwan. Since it was just so late, the host asked us to sleep longer that night and head down hill later. Aunty said she shall cook us breakfast. So blessed!! We missed you lots!! :-(

P.S. Pictures credits to Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment