Saturday, July 28, 2012

My 'Lub*d' Experience

Lub*d was rated as "One of the 17 coolest hangout hostels in the world" by Britain's influential daily, The Observer. As mentioned in my last blog entry, I was in this hostel on my first trip to Bangkok.  I will definitely choose to stay here again on my upcoming trip. 

Located at Siam Square quarter, Lub*d  is renowned as the best hangout area in Bangkok. At Siam, they have it all -  the culture, entertainment, food, espresso joints,  shopping, etc.  Also, with its strategic location,  we could easily walk around Bangkok for shopping, sight seeing and many more.. 

The top view of Lub*d

I went with four of my gal friends and we got the ladies dorm (four in a room) Basically we had the whole room together. FUN!! I love the details of cleanliness and safety of Lub d. Even though, we are sharing bathrooms but the area are so large and super clean. I have seen cleaners coming at designated hours to clean the bathroom. We really love them for keeping the area clean. Aside, there are free usage of shower gels and most importantly hairdryers - A must in every hostel/hotel - otherwise how to look pretty?? Haha.. 


The door of the bathroom
Wash area - brushing teeth and washing face

What about their safety features? - They are equipped  with fire protected emergency exits, fire & smoke alarms, closed-circuit TV cameras and also electronic key card access. So if you are just visitor, there are no way to access to the dorm. Unless someone is bringing you in.


You need key card access here :-D
Let's look at the bedroom. Equipped with cabinet that allowed you to keep all your belonging.  This is attached with a lock. All my stuff can be kept there safely. How not to love this simple yet clean and nice place to rest for the night. 



My bed on the top.. It's cosy.. 
Decoration on the wall

Comes with attached rack and lighting beside every bed
Bed Number on the wall, pillow and blanket
So the bed and room is impressive enough right? What about the rest of the facilities? They have the cafe and bar, the lobby, viewpoint theater, free internet and wifi (wow!!), free luggage storage and also laundry area. I feel like home at Lub*d and I believe this is what travelers would want to have in any place that the choose to stay ^_^

So you've got sanitary pad, washing powder and even condom!! Haha

Washing machine with dryer too.. 

Let's have some fun with water gun.. 
on the way to theater..

The theater.. Some DVDs available..

Notice Board
The Garden Area for Drinks



Good Bye Lub*d
With an affordable rate per room per night, this is definitely a place that you should be staying at Bangkok. Check this out for more information on booking and rates - Lub*d

No comments:

Post a Comment