Saturday, December 7, 2013

Travelogue : Korea With Love, Mt.Seorak & Yongmunsa

Annyeonghaseyo!! 안녕하세요 I am back with the second part of Korea moment ^_^

If you haven't read my earlier post on the country I still major miss, here's the link - 

Travelogue : Korea With Love, Nami Island 


Pretty autumn leaves

Waking up on Day 2 and found myself on another bed not my own. Feeling blessed. The foster parents have been so bountiful to us. We haven't been spending money till the day we bid them goodbye! They cooked us plentiful of scrumptious Korean meal, brought us around and made us stay in such a cozy home <3 <3 <3



Papa and mama prepared breakfast for us while we get ourselves ready for mountain hiking! It's rice again but I didn't ate it that morning as I was so full after having sausage noodle. Emily was telling me this is one of the many dishes she is craving for. After tasting it, I truly understand how she felt not being able to have it because I craved it badly too! I could feel my stomach crying for food now! 


Missing Korean Coffee 
Before leaving house, mama made us a cup of coffee each. I love Korean coffee as they contains more milk than coffee powder (I suppose) as I feel drinking latte!! Yummy!! 

It took us approximately an hour to reach the Seoraksan National Park from home. We are going to climb Mount Seorak. I googled and found the mountain was named Seorak ('Seol' meaning 'snow' and 'Ak' meaning 'big mountain') because the snow would not melt for a long time, thus keeping the rocks in a permanent state of white. 



We went up the hill with cable car. Since we were early and needed to wait for about an hour plus for the schedule, we kill time with picnicking and stroll around the park. 



That's us picnicking. The two ladies had their thumb glued on the phone. Yea thumb! I realized we both had the same way of texting here. I believe it's a "professional" way. LOL!! 

We had Tteokbokki and banana milk here. Tteokbokki is a Korean popular snack food made from soft rice cake, fish cake and sweet red chili sauce. I kind of like this only if not too spicy. LOL!! 


Yum Yum!! 


If you watched the TVB Drama - Triumph in the Skies II. You definitely know this drink. It's Summer's favourite and became mine too.. We had that in Korea :-) 





Strolled around the park and had some pictures taken.



Then, we got bored and we had a boring pose! T_______________T



After the long wait, we walked up towards the cable car entrance and saw these cutie pies. It's a school outing for the little ones. Cuteness level is max!! If I could went to any of them and give them a biggie hug! I'll end up in police station maybe?? LOL



On the cable car now! See how nice is fall season - yellow, crimson, red and green. Those leaves - I took back the few of these falling leaves. Can be used as dried leaves as book mark. 




The view from top. Credits to travel mate for all these awesome and interesting pictures. 

감사합니다  Kamsamnida!!


We need to walk the rocky trail in order to  reach the mountain top.  Mama is very fast! She is always in front of us. Confirm the younger one lost to her speed! 

I am feeling nervous and excited at the same time. I never hike a mountain back home. A stroll at the park has not been my usual thing to do too. How could I hike a mountain? 



But guess what? We made it to the top of the mountain. Oh yeah~~ *shake butt* We are the champion.. We are the champion....!! LOL







The trail may look steep but it was not too difficult to reach the top. It's getting cooler and I need additional jacket. Wrapping myself with 3 layers of top and two layers of bottom. Cooling and nice!! :-)



So what now? Going down the mountain is.......... a bit tricky!! LOL!! But we still must walk down. No other better way!! So brave ourselves, slowly and carefully we still reach the ground. Mission accomplished!! 



Walking back to get parents car. We managed to take some beautiful view and road map.





I need to repeat this again. The autumn made the landscape even more beautiful. Look at those fiery autumn shade. Super love!  

Foster parents said we gonna have a scrumptious meal at the wet market. We were heading to have sashimi - The Korean style. 



The market had various seafood available and we can pick and choose the choice we like and would served to the table for us.




Foster parents ordered us squid and fishes. They were so fresh. I don't think I ever taste such delicious sashimi back home. 



This is how we ate them. Wrap in vegetables and dipped it with sauce or wasabi. Yummy!! 



Kimchi is a must on every meal. 



We had so much of the raw seafood that we turned them into steamboat. Haha. Still taste so good! 




My portion. Sorry if I made your saliva dropped! LOL



The place we had our meal. It's getting dark when we finished our meal. Parents said we should walk around that area before heading home. We went to the nearby beach. It's  kind of dark and super cold. But it was not too long that we headed home after that. 

One hour later after reaching home...



We were feeling hungry again. Mama was so tired that she went to bed early that night. Papa insisted that he cooked for us. Tadah.. Korean Maggie Mee and with kimchi for sure.


Korean noodle must accompany with Makgeolli. The top bowl belongs to me and bottom belongs to travel mate. The differences is way too obvious - I know!! I can't drink much... :P

Our mind were filled with lots question marks during supper. Papa keep sharing stories and we ended up looking at each other and laughed. His conversation to us is in Korean as he don't speak any other language and mama,the translator is asleep. Our travel mate (who understand a little better than us) tried to understand papa's sharing and translated to us. Considered a great achievement as I am very sure these were duck and chicken conversation! That's include the international sign language - pointing at things when talking.. (Only if you understand what I am trying to explain here) LOL!!! 



We ended the night with snacks again!! That is why I mentioned earlier, no hunger!! We were always full when papa and mama were around. 

Yep.. We were going to Yongmunsa Temple the next day! 



Breakfast before we head out on Day Three. We had rice accompanied with eggs, potatoes, vegetables and kimchi. 


Selfie in the car while waiting to reach the destination. Haha!


Finally here! We lost count on how long and far we have walked to reach the event area as mama was walking with me and her speed was 1,000,000 fast! I suspected I stop breathing for a second. I literally lost my breathe. So exhausted and feeling tired! Anyway, I still managed to make it and capture this picture with the Asia's largest ginkgo trees behind me. It age between 1,100 to 1,500 years. They were old but were stunningly beautiful trees! 


Reaching the event area and we saw a band rendering a few hit songs I believe. Everyone were enjoying their performance. Both of us tired till .................. Speechless!! Need to rest for a while and selfie. LOL!! 


Foster parents took us a different route to go back. Literally a good exercise. My whole body has started aching since Day 2 and my hamstring were yelling OUCH every time climbing the stairs! That's the consequences when you don't exercise regularly. :P


Happy us strolling around beautiful Yongmunsa <3 <3 <3




I were still feeling full when we had this Chinese style lunch. But still eat.. Hahahahaha... They tasted so good. These were fried biggie noodles and fried pork. 


We need to go back earlier as the foster brother is coming back to visit the family. Hence, papa dropped us back first before he picked bro. We told mama we would like to see papa garden. He harvested the big land on his own. All the vegetables that we had for the last three days were all organic! Thank you papa!! 

Anyway, it was too dark to capture anything to share with you.


It was getting dark already and I am shivering like.... Took away travel mate jacket! Haha.. I am sorry but I can't help it! The wind is killing me that I kept pestering them to go back home. LOL!! 



It was not too long that papa and bro came home. We ordered delivery that night. Fried chicken Korea style that comes with radish! We served with Makgeolli again! :-)

We had a good chat with the family that night. We have mama and brother the translator. So no duck and chicken conversation that night. LOL!! 

We have to wake up very early the following day to catch a flight, hence we need to rest early.

Can't wait to share on my Jeju Island trip.. Till my next post, enjoy this video from 2NE1. Super nice song !! <3 


No comments:

Post a Comment